Medication Therapy Management (MTM) is a systematic, educational, and consultatory service a pharmacist provides to ensure that their patient fully comprehends what medications they are consuming, and how these drugs may affect or help them. As a result of MTM, patients can enhance their communication with their medical providers because they better understand their medications. Ultimately, this reduces time spent speaking about drugs to a healthcare provider and allows patients to discuss other medical questions or concerns.
We strive to help our patients feel their best when taking their necessary medicine, which is why your Bay Area Pharmacist will analyze your medications and work closely with you, your physicians, and your loved ones to comprehend the concerns you are experiencing regarding specific medications.
During an MTM consultation, your pharmacist can assist you with the following:
- Discovering less expensive medication alternatives.
- Understanding the medications you are prescribed and how they may affect you positively and negatively.
- Answering questions about your medical condition or medicine.
- Inspect drug interactions after consuming a medication.
- Monitoring that your medications are not affecting or inducing high cholesterol, diabetes, or high blood pressure to ensure you do not experience negative interactions.
- Reducing possible side-effects resulting from medications.
- Make your medication regimen as effortless as possible.
We are here to assist our patients in any way we can and assure you that our MTM services will never interfere with your physician-patient relationship. We strive to help you only enhance your knowledge of the medications you take to promote medical awareness and freedom. Bay Area Pharmacies MTM services allow our pharmacists to provide patients with information about minerals, vitamins, herbal products, and over-the-counter therapies.
Ultimately, the services are designed to offer these benefits:
- Refined care. It is not uncommon for patients to see various healthcare providers due to different health conditions. Although this is common, it can ultimately result in receiving duplicate medication interactions or therapies. Duplicating doses can cause harmful side effects and should never occur. To avoid this, our patients will be provided with a master medication list that records all their medications and an action plan that will outline the safest use of their drugs. All patients are encouraged to bring this list to their healthcare visits.
- Effective and safe medicine use. In educating patients about their medications and correct medication use, we help them attain their therapeutic goals and help them avoid errors with their medication. To ensure that our services are helpful, we will follow up with patients and keep track of their symptoms while they are under this new medication regimen.
- Document all MTM services. Our pharmacists will document eligible patients receiving MTM services. If a patient’s clinical situation requires attention, a pharmacist will be informed, and all changes to prescription medications will only be done with the proper authorization from a physician. Patients can find their information at our pharmacy, where it will be stored safely and securely.
- Cost-effective medication options. Whether generic or name brand, our MTM patient counseling services can assist patients with finding the most cost-effective medications without compromising the integrity of their required medications. If our pharmacists discover a more cost-effective drug than the one you are currently taking, you will be advised, and your authorization will be required before any changes are made.
Our staff at Bay Area Pharmacy looks forward to working with you to promote better health for our community. If you have questions about your current medications and would like to benefit from our MTM services, don’t hesitate to contact us today. Feel free to send us a message here.